Organic Oolong Tea SURUGAWASE SF offers a unique combination of sweet, milk-like scent, tartness, and astringency.
This single-origin and single-variety second-batch Japanese tea boasts an attractive shape and hue, and no trace of muddy taste.
Brewed hot, it produces a mild pleasant flavor and cacao-like umami sweetness. Certified organic, harvested from Shizuoka, Japan.
For 1 serving
(1) Amount of tea leaves: 1 tsp (4g) (0.14oz)
(2) Add 200ml (6.76oz) hot water 95℃ (203℉)
(3) Steeping time: 150 seconds (2min 30sec)
This cultivar, SURUGAWASE, was discovered in Shizuoka Prefecture from seeds crossed with YABUKITA by chance.
Possessing a sweet and milk-like scent, its leaves also boast an attractive shape and hue.
Its notably robust astringency, coupled with its reddish foliage, makes it a fantastic option for oolong tea.
SF stands for "Second Flush," since the leaves were reaped in summer following the first harvest.
Organic Oolong tea SURUGAWASE SF is a hybrid between green and red tea varieties, boasting water which is clear yet brownish in hue.
Its fragrance is complemented by a harmonious mix of tartness and astringency. On cooling, astringency is greatly accentuated.
It is best enjoyed hot, with a mild flavor and the sweetness of cacao-like umami.
This second-batch Surugawase tea is single-origin and single-variety, boasting no trace of muddy taste.
Tea aficionados will fully appreciate its unique taste and be thoroughly pleased with their purchase.
Oolong Tea making process
1. Harvesting: Careful selection of young and tender tea leaves from the plant.
2. Withering: Dehydrating for increased flexibility.
3. Tossing/Shaking: Gently crushing to begin oxidation.
4. Oxidation: Air exposure brings out flavor characteristics.
5. Fixation: Heating to halt oxidation and save flavor.
6. Rolling: Compressing to optimize aromas and juices.
7. Drying: Removal of moisture to solidify flavor.
Organic Green TeaCertification:
Shizuoka, JapanExpect Annual Production:
70kg / 154 lbsManufacturer:
OSADA Seicha Co., Ltd.GTIN (JAN):
Made in Japan with Japanese MaterialSpecial Note:
6.69 x 4.72 x 0.59 inches; 1.0 OuncesKeeping Method:
Best within 30 days after openingServing:
2-3 times with the same tea leaves
(Recommend a higher temperature than the first brewing.)